James Martin was named Head Coach of the men's and women's cross country team in 2010.
A 2003 graduate of Lasell College, Coach Martin has been working with the Lasers as an assistant coach for the past six years, during which time the program has made dramatic improvements. Martin is USATF (certified Level 1) coach, his philosophy is focused on developing the athlete and the individual.
As a college athlete, Martin was a standout athlete and three-year captain on the Lasell College cross country team, regularly finishing as the Lasers top runner and placing 3rd in the 2001 NAC League Championships. He actively competes within the Greater New England trail racing and snowshoe racing circuits and is the co-founder of a Boston area Trail Running Club.
Coach Martin currently works full time at the US Navy Clothing and Textile Research Facility at the US Army Soldier System Center in Natick MA and is also an assistant coach for the men’s and women’s track & field.
Coach Martin currently resides in Hudson, Massachusetts with his wife, Jennifer.
- USA Track and Field - USATF (LVL1)
- RRCA Road Runners Club Of America Certified Coach
- Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid
- USA Track and Field (USATF)
- Road Runners Club of America (RRCA)
- American Trail Running Association (ARTA)
- International Sky Running Federation (ISF)